Special Educational Needs and Disability
Aims of our provision for pupils with SEND
At Kares Hill, we aspire for each child to achieve their best. Our aim is to develop each child emotionally, physically, intellectually, spiritually and socially so that they are able to fulfil their true potential and are prepared for the next stage in their education leading towards adulthood.
All children and young people are entitled to an appropriate education, one that is appropriate to their needs, promotes high standards and the fulfilment of potential.
This should enable them to:
- achieve their best
- become confident individuals living fulfilling lives, and
- make a successful transition into adulthood, whether into employment, further or higher education or training’
In order to do this, many steps are taken to support them achieve their best through their learning journey. Quality of teaching is vital; however, for some children there are occasions when further additional support may be needed to help them achieve their targets and reach their full potential.
The aims of our policy and practice in relation to special educational need and disability in are:
- To make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability by taking action to increase access to the curriculum, the environment and to printed information for all.
- To ensure that children and you people with SEND engage in the activities of the school alongside pupils who do not have SEND.
- To reduce barriers to progress.
- To use our best endeavours to secure special educational provision for pupils for whom this is required, that is "additional to and different from" that provided within the differentiated curriculum, to better respond to the four broad areas of need:
- Communication and interaction.
- Cognition and learning.
- Social, mental and emotional health.
- Sensory and physical.
If you have any queries, please contact the school's Special Educational Needs coordinator (SENCo), Mr L Waterfield.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01384 900679
Our Pastoral Manager is Miss C Pickin:
email: email@example.com or telephone on 01384 900680
Parents/carers can find the Local Authority 'Local Offer' from the Dudley Council website.https://dudleyci.co.uk/send-local-offer
Additional support for parents/carers is available from SENDIASS, which is an organisation external to the school. http://www.dudley.gov.uk/resident/learning-school/parental-support/dudleysendiass/
Our SEND policy and report are available in our Policies & Documents section.